HTI students and staff with Mayor Mufi Hannemann at the Capitol.
HTI is dedicated to helping you achieve your career objectives. We offer a variety of services to develop your professional abilities and support you in landing the job you want.
Career services are an integral role of the educational experience at HTI:
- Classes on resume writing, interviewing techniques, and job search strategies
- A career resource center for research on occupations, job descriptions, companies, salary information, and job outlook
- Assignments and projects to include in your professional portfolio
- Placement assistance in your internship – Almost all HTI programs require a 3 to 5 week internship. The internship is an invaluable, hands-on learning experience. Many HTI students have been hired by the organizations they intern with.
- HTI’s Placement Coordinator works with local and national employers to find positions that match the training and qualifications of individual graduates. These contacts help HTI determine career opportunities and make curriculum changes needed to meet new employment demands and standards.
Although jobs are not guaranteed, job placement information and assistance is available to all HTI students, past and present.
HTI graduates have been hired by a variety of local and national companies, including:
|Queen's Medical Center |
Bank of Hawai`i
Hawai`i Pacific Health
Myron B. Thompson Academy
Stevenson Intermediate School
Wai`anae Coast Comprehensive Health Center
The Learning Disabilities Assn of Hawai`i
Native Hawaiian Health Scholarship Program
`Olelo Community Television
Honolulu Police Department
Office of Hawaiian Affairs
|Native Nations Education Foundation|
United Rim Transport
Waikiki Health Center
Ke Ola Mamo
Hawaiian Pacific Chiropractic
St. Francis West
Minatoya Eye Clinic
American Lung Association
ALU LIKE, Inc.